Do you require funding for a children’s health and wellbeing group in your local community?
Applegreen in partnership with the Irish Youth Foundation is providing €124,000 to fund not-for-profit, voluntary and charitable organisations supporting children aged 4-12 living in disadvantaged circumstances.
The goal of the Applegreen Blossom Fund is to support projects and programmes which focus on the health and wellbeing of children. We want to celebrate and assist projects that promote either positive physical or mental health, healthy eating or other innovative ways of supporting children under this theme.
Criteria for applicants
The organisation must be a:
Charitable organisation with a registered charity number working within a community
Not-for-profit organisation with a bank account and constitution
- The fund is open to organisations working with children aged 4-12 living in disadvantaged circumstances in the ROI
- The fund will be for grants of €2,000
- There will be a regional spread of grants supporting projects across ROI with a focus on areas where Applegreen has a presence
- Special consideration will be given to innovative or new programmes but the fund is also open to existing programmes with proven impact
- Activities using the fund must be based in ROI
- The organisation must be in operation for at least 12 months
- Schools may not apply for the funding
- Applicants for the fund must be over the age of 18 and have consent to make the application by their project director or board
- The fund does not cover salary costs of an organisation but does fund programme facilitation/expertise costs if this expertise is required to deliver the programme.
- The fund opens for application on the 16thApril 2018 and closes on the 9th May 2018 at 6pm
- None of the data collected from these applications will be shared by Irish Youth Foundation or Applegreen for use outside this grant application. If the applicant wants to be updated about further grant applications from the Irish Youth Foundation they may tick the relevant box in the online form
- The organisation can provide a copy of their audited accounts/end of year accounts if requested
- The organisation can provide a reference if requested
- If you have any queries in relation to the Applegreen Blossom Fund please contact email@example.com
All applications will be scored out of 100 points using the following scoring card.
|Suitability of organisation||10|
|Purpose of the grant request||30|
|Impact and effectiveness of the grant||30|
|Quality of application||10
- Suitability of organisation refers to whether the applicant body works directly with children or for their benefit and whether there is confidence in the work that they do. Is the organisation working with children living in disadvantaged areas or who are marginalised.
- Purpose of the grant -attention should be given to whether the application is realistic and appropriate to the fund theme
- Impact and effectiveness refers to the benefits of the proposed activity and to what extent a grant will enable the purpose to be achieved for the benefit of the target group. This also includes how many children will benefit from the fund
- Innovativeness – Is the programme/project new/ innovative
- Geographical – How close is the project to a local store? Applegreen would like to positively engage with the projects funded and would like to build local relationships
- Quality of application – Is the application completed well with all the necessary information