Are you looking to make an investment that is guaranteed a strong return in just two years?
We’ve identified a gap in the job market. An unforgivable one. It’s currently missing talented young people from disadvantaged backgrounds held back by unimaginably small obstacles. Sometimes as modest as the cost of travel to their first job interview, a set of tools to start an apprenticeship or grinds to secure those extra Leaving Cert points.
It’s time to think differently
We are launching an exciting initiative that will see a cohort of innovators, entrepreneurs and philanthropists directly back a select group of ambitious young people as they begin to make that crucial transition from education.
We are thinking big but starting small
In this first-of-its-kind venture, members of the cohort will make a fixed yearly investment €2,500 for two years. The unique strength of this investment is its flexibility. Each young people will receive 100% tailored and personalised supports to remove the obstacles blocking their chances for greatness. We will adjust and adapt, and you, the investor, will receive progress updates across the two years.
We believe that your background should not determine where you can end up
We hope that you do too. We invite you to join this small cohort that will make a big impact for young people actively seeking support. We guarantee that this will be your greatest investment yet!
We know through our recent research with youth projects that it is not a lack of desire or unwillingness to work and learn that is currently preventing thousands of young person from reaching their potential. It is sometimes unimaginably small obstacles.
This new and unique initiative is looking to address this by directly backing a select group of ambitious young people who are seeking support as they make that crucial transition from second level education.
This programme looks to address the specific needs of young people aged between 15-24 from socially and economically deprived communities who have demonstrated a hunger to create a brighter future for themselves. Candidates will be selected through an application process that is made by both the youth worker and the young person themselves.
- The IYF will handpick a diverse range of youth programmes that
we trust and can stand over.
- These are selected to fit a range of needs of young people reflected in our research over the course of the last two years. (Young carers, inner city boys, teen mothers, immigrants in direct provision, ethnic minorities etc.)
- Individual young people from the project will then be able to apply for the bursary, in conjunction with their youth worker.
- The Youth Project must be able to answer the following question: If this bursary was not in place would you be able to meet these additional practical needs elsewhere?
- Successful applicants will be awarded up to €5,000 over two years to be used to overcome these obstacles. They will be supported by their youth worker who will provide regular updates and reports to the IYF on their progress.
- The unique strength of this investment is its flexibility. Each young person will receive 100% tailored and personalised supports to remove the obstacles blocking their chances for success. We will adjust and adapt, and the investor will receive progress updates
across the two years.
- There is no other programme like this in operation in Ireland – it has been developed to respond to a need that has emerged from our two years of research.
- It is designed to meet young people where ‘they are at’
- It is flexible and discretionary in scope.
- It removes straightforward barriers that often hold young people back for example: career guidance, a suit for a job, driving lessons, help with the CAO, grinds, childcare.
- Does not solely focus on third level education – recognises each young person’s path to success as unique.
Make a pledge
Please register your pledge here and Lucy, our CEO, will contact you directly to get the ball rolling.
partner with us